Elements of Soul Motion™
In a Soul Motion™ class, the dancer moves through four relational landscapes, using three core movement principles.
The Four Relational Landscapes
- Dance Intimate.... we move alone
- Dance Communion... we move with one other
- Dance Community... we move with everyone
- Dance Infinity... we move our practice to the everyday life
Dance Intimate, Dancing alone we renew our relationship with the body as a shifting shape in space.
Dance Communion, Inspired by interior impulses, sensations, and images the dancer begins to relate and communicate outwardly.
Dance Community, As dancers begin to move in ever widening circles, they receive and transmit information and inspiration to the larger dance happening all around them.
Dance Infinite, What happens in the dance room is a template for the everyday dance in the living world. We move out from the dance room sensing our environment more clearly, communicating with others with enhanced perception, and relaxing more readily with the challenges and obstacles that may dance before us.
The Three Core Principles
- Pause Presence, a meditative relaxation practice that allows the dancer to slow down, align, and recharge.
- Orbit Orientation, the dancer is encouraged to consciously move in all directions with equal attention and without preference.
- Echo Inspiration, dancers are guided to use each other’s movements to inform and inspire them.